Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Hangover

*UPDATE*
No stitches for the Mister! Thank You, Lord! He barely missed getting a staple in his head. He was very, very brave the whole time and acted like such a big boy. Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying for us!


Every time I go to Walmart, I envision a stampede through the aisles. The unthinkable has happened. What has America come to?

We've had a very eventful 24 hours since my last post. We joined my dad's family for Thanksgiving lunch at 3 and then my mom made round two for us at about 8:30 last night. It was all soooo good! We had four pies at my grandparents' house for dessert - chocolate, coconut, buttermilk, and berry. Mom brought two of them, one of which we later discovered had been passed off as homemade but was definitely from the freezer aisle. She didn't actually claim to have homemade it, but she didn't offer up the info either! We will overlook it though because she is so cute and sweet and she made a ton of food yesterday, including a chocolate sheet cake.

I'd like to thank my dad for the biggest laugh of the day, which came when he was telling us about the time he and mom went to an "ice skating game." Um, that would be hockey!

Last night was a short one. Baby Girl woke me up at 4 am when she decided to completely change positions in my tummy. I don't know what was going on in there! It was like a 180 degree shift. In fact, when I finally got up, my stomach was in the oddest shape I've ever seen. It was like her feet were sticking straight out by my belly button. I've felt a little weird today but have been keeping an eye on it. It's probably everything I ate yesterday as much as anything.

Curtis and I both braved Black Friday. He woke up at 4:15(!) and hit up Walmart, Lowe's and Gander Mountain. He came home in time for me to leave at 7:30 and make it to Baby's First Furniture for their early bird sale at 8. There was a line at the door but it wasn't crazy or anything. Mom met me there later and counseled me on the decisions I was making. I ended up getting a very beautiful and girly white crib for the baby as well as a pink minky dot glider and ottoman. I'm so excited! The glider is much more comfortable than Jackson's. I don't know when it will all arrive, but it will be here before she is. Hopefully. Once I got home I ordered the new crib bedding. It is definitely a load off my chest to have those things done. Now I've got to get Jackson's room under way and we're all set.

After the furniture shopping, mom and I braved the outer circle of hades, also known as Toys R Us. That was indeed a madhouse. We got some things for the Mister for Christmas that he will like.

While I was gone, Jackson had a little accident. He fell out of his bounce house and hurt the back of his head. We have an appointment with his doctor at 4 to see if he needs stitches. (Here I go, Kiki!) Bless his heart. I really hope he doesn't have to have them. So if you think of us at 4, please say a prayer for our little man to be really brave and cooperative. Hopefully it will not be a dramatic appointment and there will be no need for a lengthy follow up post later!

20 comments:

Kiki said...

Oh no! I will be praying for you!

Glad you got the baby's room under way, it sounds like it will be beautiful!

debra parker said...

Baby bedding, maybe stitches, and early bird shopping all in one day...

whew.

I am tired.

Stephanie Kay said...

Wow! That's a full day.

My 3 year old fell (with some help from the 5 yr. old) a couple of months ago. He sliced the back of his head about an inch long. Daddy took him to the Urgent Care Center after a call to the pedi. 3 hours, $25 and FOUR STAPLES later the little guy was treated to a hot fudge sundae supper at McD's.

Ice Cream can cure a multitude of ills!

Fran said...

I'm worn out after all this Amanda. And, I really hope that sweet thing doesn't need stitches.
You've had a FULL day. I'll say a prayer for you now.

Hugs,
Fran

R said...

what a full day! but it feels great to get so much done for baby girl's room, doesn't it?

i'll be praying for jackson. poor little man!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Just prayed for Jackson! Poor little guy.

Can't wait to see Baby Girl's furniture and bedding!

After the day you've had, you may need to go to bed early tonight. (:

Erin Ward said...

Hope Jacks is ok!

The girls headed out to shop at 4 something this morning... We saw a few crazy things, but nothing too bad. Lindsay said she was hoping the crazy shopping made her go into labor! Obviously, it didn't work...

bethany said...

You've been busy today little lady! Praying for no stitches for the mister...that would not be fun at all.
Baby's room sounds so pretty...little girls are so much fun. My niece has a pink and brown john deere room...so cute!
I braved the craziness of shopping today as well..wanted to hit up Walmart but decided that it was not needed. I did get a nice new Study Bible for 34.99! Got one for my SIL for Christmas too! Lots of fun but total craziness!
oooh...got to finally try Chick-Fil-A today! Yummy.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Wow.

I'm impressed Pregnant Girl was able to hit the sales so early. Your daughter (what was her name again?) has a shopping heritage.

Praying that Little Man escaped the needle and thread. But like you said, I'm sure this won't be the first incident. Boys! (Insert fond eye roll here.)

lori said...

Goodness!!!

Glad little man is okay

The ice skating game TOO FUNNY

Missy said...

So glad his head was okay! And baby bedding ... that is super exciting! Glad you had such a great day. You are braver than I am to face black Friday. Maybe one day...

Kiki said...

So glad he's stitch free!

Becca said...

So glad to hear the little man didn't need stitches! Baby girl's room is sounding precious! I can't wait to see pics of what you picked out!

Kelly said...

I'm glad Jackson is okay and I'm glad you got baby furniture!!! Will you show us pics of the nursery once it's done - I would LOVE to see it!!!!

Kristen said...

I am so glad that Jackson is okay! Happy Thanksgiving!

Alana said...

Thanks for the advice...I welcome any suggestions people have at this point! If I absolutely have to have meds then I'm okay with it, but I'd just rather not. My biggest fear is really the whole C-section thing. I'm not sure if you had one or not, but almost all of my friends have and the recovery seems horrible! I guess all you can do it pray that things go well (no matter how they come out!)
Jackson is too cute. I guess you are due just a week or two before me..I am so excited for February to come I can hardly wait!
Hope things are going well!
Alana

Tara said...

Amanda,

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am so glad that you all had a good day...with lots of good food! And I'm so glad that Jackson didn't need stitches either. Praise the Lord!

katiegfromtennessee said...

Little Momma, it sounds like you had quite an eventful day:), I did hear about that incident in NY at the Wal-mart-craziness...people need the Lord...I am blessed to hear about your Thanksgiving!! We had tons of food too, but ate at only one house:)

katiegfromtennessee

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Good job on all the shopping! You knocked it out!

Poor Jackson! I'm so glad he didn't need stitches. Ava sends kisses for his noggin.

MamaCass said...

Ahh..sweet Jackson. I am so glad he didn't need stitches. At least they would have been on the back of his head=) I love that comment your dad made about ice-skating. So cute!